Do you want to start your own construction company, home improvement company or a become a building/construction inspector? If so, then you must get licensed as a Residential Builder.
Residential Builder Pre-Licensure Training
Course Length: 2 Weeks
Class Type: Lecture
Average Pay: (Michigan) $13.45 – $37.69 per hour
Course Description: DRM International Learning Center’s Residential Builders course will prepare students to take and pass the Michigan Residential Builder’s Exam and become a state-licensed Residential Building Contractor.
Our 2-week Residential Builder’s Pre-Licensure Course is split into two sections: Business Law & Administration and Practical Skills & Trade Fundamentals.
The Business Law & Administration portion of the class will teach students the fundamentals of starting, owning & operating a residential construction business in the state of Michigan.
Topics covered include:
- Business Organization & Management
- Financial Management
- Contracting & Contract Terms
- Estimating & Building / Job Cost Management
- Project Management & Scheduling
- Insurance, Liability & Risk Management
- Independent Contractors vs Employees
- Marketing & Sales
- Building Safety, Employee Protection & MIOSHA Safety Standards
The Practical Skills & Trade Fundamentals portion of the class will primarily focus on the technical aspects of building to the standards found in the 2015/2018 Michigan Residential Building Codebook.
The standards pertain to:
- Site Preparation & Layout
- Excavation Techniques
- Concrete, Footings & Foundations
- Floor, Wall & Roof Framing
- HVAC Systems
- Interior & Exterior Finishing
- Pools, Gutters, Pest Control & Demolition (Construction Specialties)
- Decks & Porches
- Other 2015/2018 Michigan Residential Code Specifications
DRM International Learning Center, LLCs Residential Building Pre-Licensure course is perfect for those who have experience in the construction industry & are looking to take their career to the next level AND graduates of our Carpentry & Drywall course.
CLASS Start Dates
- Contact the office for upcoming class dates
Apply Today for Residential Builder Training
Tuition: $1,535 (Books and supplies provided separately)
Applications can be submitted online, in person, by fax, or by mail
DRM International Learning Center, LLC makes it easy to complete your application right from your mobile device or computer! Follow the steps below:
- Download the Application to your mobile device or computer
- Open the Application using Acrobat or your system PDF viewer
- Fill out all fields
- Save Application
Once you've saved the application, complete the form below, attach the saved file, and submit the form.
SUBMIT BY fax:
Once you've saved the application, print it and fax it to one of the numbers below.
SUBMIT BY MAIL OR IN PERSON TO:
Once you've saved the application, print it and mail it or bring it in person to the address below.
DRM International Learning Center, LLC
809 Center St. Suite 9A
Lansing, MI 48906