The world around us was imagined, designed & constructed by people just like you… so why not do it yourself?
Construction Combo Course
Course Length: 4 Weeks
Class Type: Lecture & Lab
Average Pay: (Michigan) $11.07 – $16.82 per hour
Tuition: $4,995 (Books and supplies sold separately)
Course Description: DRM International Learning Center, LLC’s Carpentry & Drywall Construction Combo Course offers essential training in residential building, carpentry, and drywall techniques. You'll master reading industry-specific measurements, blueprints, and calculations, and gain skills in carpentry, drywall, power tools, framing, leveling, energy conservation, and safety procedures. By the end of the program, you'll be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to confidently work on any residential or commercial building site. Plus, you'll be well-prepared to take our Residential Builder’s Pre-Licensure course to become a state-licensed residential building contractor or carpenter.
Our 4-week course begins with an introduction of the Construction Industry where students will learn:
- Basics of Identifying & Using Hand & Power Tools
- Overview of Building Materials, Fasteners & Adhesives
- Material Handling Techniques
- Intro to Construction Math
- Basics of Taking, Reading & Recording Measurements
- How to Read & Interpret Construction Drawings (Blueprints), Specifications, Layouts & Building Codes
- Basics of Carpentry and Drywall
- Basics of Construction Site Safety
Then students of DRM International Learning Center, LLC will then get hands-on construction experience by walking through the process of building a residential structure, from scratch, which includes:
- Choosing & Assessing a Building Location (Site Preparation & Layout)
- Trenching & Excavation Techniques
- Foundation Laying
- Constructing Floor, Wall & Ceiling Systems
- Roofing Techniques
- Exterior Finishing
- Installing Doors & Windows
- Drywall Installation & Finishing
- Installing Window, Door, Floor & Ceiling Trim (Interior Finishing)
- Constructing Stairs
- Installing Countertops, Cabinetry & Finish Trim
Upon completion of DRM International Learning Center’s course, students will have the knowledge and skills necessary to work confidently on any residential or commercial building site. Our students will also be well positioned to take our Residential Builder’s Pre-Licensure course to become a state-licensed residential building contractor or carpenter.
Class Start Dates
- Contact the office for upcoming class dates
Apply Today for the Construction Combo Training Course
Tuition: $4,995 (Books and supplies provided separately)
Applications can be submitted online, in person, by fax, or by mail
DRM International Learning Center, LLC makes it easy to complete your application right from your mobile device or computer! Follow the steps below:
- Download the Application to your mobile device or computer
- Open the Application using Acrobat or your system PDF viewer
- Fill out all fields
- Save Application
Once you've saved the application, complete the form below, attach the saved file, and submit the form.
SUBMIT BY fax:
Once you've saved the application, print it and fax it to one of the numbers below.
SUBMIT BY MAIL OR IN PERSON TO:
Once you've saved the application, print it and mail it or bring it in person to the address below.
DRM International Learning Center, LLC
809 Center St. Suite 9A
Lansing, MI 48906